Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why weddings? Why Bobbie?

Maybe it's normal. Maybe I'm just like every other girl in the world - dreaming of the perfect day where I'll wear the perfect dress, take perfect pictures, and start my perfect life with my perfect prince charming - while everyone I've ever met ooh's and ahh's at how perfectly the food, the dancing, the decorations, and all the tiny details add to the perfect atmosphere to celebrate this, my perfect wedding.

Okay... so maybe the obsession is a little less normal than I'd like to admit. Honestly, it's something I worked on for a long time, and to be entirely truthful - I'm not as crazy about that whole "perfection" thing anymore. Actually, I tend to like the little bumps and wrong turns that happen on any day - and why should a wedding be any different? Embrace the uncertainty - expect set-backs, and approach the day with a smile and a sense of adventure. After all, the most important thing is not having the perfect day - or even the perfect husband and marriage - it's beginning an imperfect life with an imperfect man who is willing to accept all of your imperfections, and THAT is something to celebrate!

So, I love fairytales, happy moments, and happily ever after's - especially in a world that is a little crazed with dead-ends, divorce, and overall depression. Weddings are days when everyone comes together and leaves their cynicism at home to celebrate a new beginning with optimism. The love is evident in all the tiny moments - recreated across so many generations, cultural barriers, and socio-economic lines. The father-daughter dance can take place in a K.C. Hall or at the Hilton's ballroom, and Brides and Grooms from 2010 don't kiss any differently than their grandparents did in 1950 - although they might be a little more open with it in front of their guests.

I've loved weddings for as long as I can remember, and I've finally decided it's time to stop storing files all over my computer of my favorite decorations, dresses, engagement photos, announcements, flowers, songs, and CAPTURED MOMENTS (those are my favorite) and share them with the world. I've always dreamed of being a wedding planner, and this is the next best thing. I'll share my creativity and ideas and you can steal them at whim. I get an outlet and you get free stuff to use. All in all, it's a win-win.

Welcome to Weddings by Bobbie. Trust me; more posts coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for this one!!!! What a wonderful outlet for you and BONUS for us! :) So happy you get to do this and love it!

    ReplyDelete